For years I've been making labyrinth journals for friends, ever since I created my own walking labyrinth in the backyard. So this year I've created The Labyrinth Journal for everyone: labyrinth enthusiasts, writers, creative & non-creative types.
It's a 72-page DIY pdf that you can download & print for yourself. In it I've included:
- Labyrinths: Cretan / Classical, Chartres Cathedral, & 4 original designs: heart, ocean wave, butterfly, & pine/Christmas tree labyrinths
- How to draw your own labyrinths free-hand or with a compass
- How to USE labyrinths with intention to create what you want in your life.
- The Journal part: thoughtful journal prompts, inspirational quotes, & easy-peasy-non-drawing art activities to jazz up your journal. Get as colourful & fancy-pants as you want.
- Resources for websites, books, etc. on labyrinths, personal development, etc.
The journal is designed to encourage you to journal everyday, not in a stressed-out, gotta do one more thing kinda way, but as a creative prompting. Doing something consistently, if only for 5 minutes, helps to prime the pump. It's like turning on the faucet of flowing creativity.
I'm selling The Labyrinth Journal in my Etsy shop for $5.95. 'member when paperbacks were only $5.95? Ah, the good ol' days. Well, I'm nostalgic like that.
On this page I'll also be featuring other people's art work that they send in. To get you started, here's how I did the cover for last year:
|Done with layers of coloured pencils. I put this in a loose leaf binder.|
Here's the one I did spiral bound for 2012:
|Tabs for the months of the year. And . . .|
|The cover is a clear sheet, so I used dimensional paint (Scribbles) & traced the lines of the labyrinth. Easier to stay in the lines! Plus it looks way cool.|