Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hummingbirds, Essences, & Bears, Oh My!

I'm seeing and doing things I've never seen & done before! OK, so Mum gave me this really cool hand-blown, red glass hummingbird feeder. [Is that the hummingbird feeder I gave Mum? my sister asked on her last visit. Oops.] Anyway, I finally googled a nectar recipe (SO EASY! 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. Boil water, add sugar, let it cool. Refridgerate what you don't use). So, today these hummingbirds are wizzing by and chasing each other, and then! Have you ever seen a hummingbird...stop...and perch? For not even 2 seconds, which I guess is a long time in Hummingbird Land. Amazing.

I've started creating my flower essences, and I did another batch today. 3 different flowers, but I don't know what they are, so I'm going to take them to my friend Ilene for identification. She's the herb lady and owner of the FABULOUS Apple Cottage in Luray. She has an awesome garden in front of her store and she's giving me some St. John's Wort flowers tomorrow.

Yesterday while driiiiiiiving down my road through the woods, I finally saw one--a bear!!! WOW! Not a baby, but not huge, either. Way cool! It all happened so fast that there was no time to even take a picture.

And...you know how your mind makes generalizations & assumptions? So when I saw the pink ribbon magnet on the back of this car, I automatically thought, "Breast Cancer Awareness." This one was pretty with little flowers around it and it said, "Support our...BOOBS?" Which makes sense, right? Except that it didn't say that. It actually said as I got closer to it, "Support our troops." But wait! I thought the colour code for troops was yellow. Now I'm all confused...which is a good thing because it means I may be about to learn something new....as an ErickDobsonian might say.... ;-) H.

No comments: