Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Gift Is in You

This.
This takes my breath away.
I can't watch it all the way through without boo-hooing.
And I'm not even a fan of opera.
But. This. WOW. Go see Paul Potts audition for Britain's Got Talent. Watch Simon's jaw drop.

Paul says in the interview bit, "By day, I sell mobile phones. My dream is to spend my life doing what I feel I was born to do." We all have talents and gifts to share with the world. Something that makes you lose track of time and brightens your day. Something that puts a spring in your step and a SMILE in your heart. What's your gift? Is it in the back of the closet or are you still working on it? Did you have well-meaning people tell you to be practical or grow up? Did you give up? Is it on the Someday Shelf?

If you have a passion for something, it's there for a reason. Socrates said Know thyself. This is part of the knowing. When you have a sense of a Divine Purpose, it helps you to seperate the wheat from the chaff. Look for the gift. Listen to your inner voice. Feel that peace that comes with knowing without a doubt: THIS. THIS is why I'm here on the planet.


No comments: