Thursday, July 9, 2009

THWAP!

Yesterday morning I heard something smack into the bay window in my kitchen. I went outside and looked down from the back porch. A bird lay on the ground, making gasping sounds and sticking out its tongue. Poor little thing; in shock. It was a baby woodpecker. I picked her up and began to Reiki. She calmed down and started to blink slowly like she was falling asleep. I went and sat on the porch with her and continued to Reiki. I did a little birdie effleurage--light stroking. Then I gingerly stretched out a wing. Not broken. The other one, not broken. Birdie physical therapy? Then I began to massage her neck. She liked that. She started to perk up.

She jumped out of my hand and onto my chest:


After a bit more time, I walk over to the tree where I often see the other woodpeckers hanging out. She hopped off my hand, and onto the tree.

SO SWEET.

No comments: