- Print out photo.
- Cut out the background, so it's just Bruce and Wayne.
- Print out really cool photo of stars that the Space Hubble telescope took.
- Secure figures onto spacey background and get a color copy at the office supply store.
- Apply matte gel medium to a canvas, let dry over night.
- Wet the paper surface with water; I took a very wet washcloth and soaked the paper. It looked like this:
7. Rubbed paper off:
Until you get this:
But then it dried to reveal more paper!
So I wet it again and used my finger to remove the last bits of paper:
8. Painted the rest of the canvas:
I will say that my first attempt at this was with skipping the color copying and just using my jet printer. It was okay, but I rubbed most of Wayne's hat off, and the whole thing lacked definition. So I'm keeping this one!
The second try (not pictured) was a color copy, but I tried to wrap it around the whole canvas. It just turned into a gooey mess and the paper tore because of the staples and folds of the canvas. So the third time was the charm!
I chose the Cosmos-galaxy background because in Bruce's first talk with Wayne, he made a Carl Sagan reference. Also, I thought it was fitting, since now Wayne is in the heavens. :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRUCE!!! :-)