Friday, June 29, 2007

Quote-of-the-Day & The End of a Pity Party

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Victor Frankl

I forget until I remember sometimes, that whenever I'm stewing in a toxic dose of self pity, focused more on loss than on the gratitude of what I do have--it's good to remember Victor. Because no matter how bad I think I could have it, it will never be what he went through. And the thing I remember from his book, Man's Search for Meaning, is that we can lose it all, but we still have the choice of how we think and what to focus on. And above all, when everything is lost, there is always, always the presence of LOVE. There is no need to let go when you open your heart. When the heart is full, there is room for nothing else--no dark corners of resentment or grief.

So today I choose LOVE.

And with that LOVE is its partner, GRATITUDE. And in feeling grateful, I feel open to the miracles of life. I am so very grateful. For all of it. THANK YOU. :-)

No comments: