Wednesday, June 17, 2009

4 Phrases

What would you do if all you could say were these 4 phrases?

Go to lunch at awesome Indian restaurant, of course:



Hilarity ensues as Anne switches from pantomiming to note-writing on napkins. Love the look on Suzie's face!

Finally I waved at Anne & pointed at her food. "Sweetie?" I asked; an invitation to eat. I have to thank Anne. She indulged me for the whole weekend, because this is the only place we ate during the seminar. They have the best chai. The BEST, Jerry! This is Fenil:


Sweet tea from a Sweetie. :-)

She takes our visits in stride because she knows something is up when we talk or don't talk. They have tiny cups for the chai, so I brought in a Big Girl Cup. YUMmy.

We chatted with our 4 phrases to & from the restaurant. Anne walked up to a coupla police officers and said, "I care." She did the same with some homeless people. WOW. A friend of Jeff & Suzanne's just happened to walk by. It took a couple phrases for him to notice that things were a bit, er, different. It's easy to do the smile-and-wave; a bit harder to do a stop-and-chat when you're limited to 4 phrases. At one point, the "I'm confused," came out and Friend says, "You're confused? I'm confused! I'll talk to you later." And then we waved good-bye.

It doesn't seem to matter what the 4 phrases are. Last time was just as entertaining. For those of you who may be wondering the point of the exercise, I invite you to try it. Why? Because why not?

No comments: