Sunday, August 9, 2009

Look behind you!

We had a bit of excitement yesterday. Eldest niece & I were outside taking some pix in Mum's backyard, when all of a sudden she points behind me & says, "Look! A bear!" I turn around with my handy-dandy point & shoot camera:

I got nothin.

Brother D came out with his fancy-pants camera:


And got this photo:

See? No? They are faster than you'd think!


Here's the little guy.

We were being careful because there's always Mama Bear nearby. We did see her back there. My SIL hightailed it to the house with the kids when we saw the Mama Bear. I told Brother D, "Oh, you're high enough up there. She prolly won't go after you." Sadly, no more photos.

Eldest niece wanted to write a letter to her friend about seeing the bear. "How do you spell dear?"
Me: D-E-A-R.
A bit later, "How do you spell bear?"
Me: B-E-A-R. There's your lesson on the wackiness of phonics. If it's dear, how can it be bear? Wouldn't you say dare or beer? Eldest niece says this is the best visit to GranAnne's ever.

On the way home, coming down my road, darting across the road: a bear. TWO in one day??? WOW! Imagine a fabulous photo of a big bear, because, of course, I got nothin'. Too fast for me.

No comments: