Tuesday, December 4, 2007

PERSPECTIVE & EXPECTATIONS

A couple years ago I was in Florida and I did the sightseeing thing at NASA. I learned some interesting facts unrelated to rockets. Did you know eagles nests can be so big they can fit a mattress? The tour bus rode by one that was 20 feet deep!

Anyway, back to rockets. They had this AWESOME, authentic retro living room set up with a TV to show how the homes of America looked while watching the launch on TV. I saw a sign that said, "Touch a piece of the moon! Authentic rock from the moon." Well. I was excited. Because I'm a fan of rocks, anyway. And a MOON rock! YAY, me!

And the signs and banners were *everywhere* HUGE. EVERYWHERE.

TOUCH A PIECE OF THE MOON!!! AUTHENTIC MOON ROCK IN THE SUCH 'N' SUCH ROOM!!!

YAAAAAAAAAY! A moon rock!!!


And here it is:


See, I was expecting a rock. A ROCK.

This. This is not a rock. It's a sliver. A slice. A piece. A chip. So instead of a rock, I got something even better. A laugh. This picture makes me SMILE. Everytime. Oh yeah, and I saw some rockets. They were HUGE.

2 comments:

Margot Potter said...

This is such a Charlie Brown moment.

I got a rock.

xoxo
Margot

Hali Chambers said...

hahaha Yes! It is, isn't it? Thanks for the laugh on top of the laugh! :-) H.