Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Communion Conundrum

When I was at the annual church-in-the-woods service this past Sunday, I realized that I couldn't receive communion after the service had started. The bread may be unleavened, but it's still bread. I couldn't very well go up and whisper to the minister, "Do you have any gluten free body of Christ? No? Then I'll just have the blood. Thanks, very much." I managed to chat with her after the service and she said that I could bring my own cracker-whatnot next time. I have these horrible GF rice crackers--horrible! And then I thought, well, there's the GF ice cream cones. And they're more like the communion wafers. Wouldn't that be funny? Take this ice cream cone, it is my body which was given to thee. Eat it in the remembrance of me.

Oh the flames are licking my heels. Back tomorrow. ;-)

No comments: