Wednesday, September 30, 2009

U2 ROCKS!!!

The first time I saw U2 was at Ritchie Coloseum with 600? people. I was right up front with Bono's boot in my face. :-) Ah, good times. They opened with Gloria. I still have Larry Mullen Jr.'s broken drum stick. Somewhere. I also have a pic of me with Bono that I will have to drum up. haha

Bono & the boys prompted my one & only failed theft. My GF's & I had traveled 2 hours to see Rattle & Hum and there was this HUGE cut-out kiosk of U2; larger than life. It was closing night for the movie and we asked about the kiosk. The dorky manager said it got sent back to the company to be destroyed. WHAT???!!! we all cried in unison. Sacrelig. We begged, we pleaded, we offered to buy it. NO. So then I went next door to the drug store for a utility knife, but all they had was razors. You know the old-fashioned kind that were sharp on both edges & fit into a metal razor-holder thingie? Yeah, those. Anyway, while we acted all cash-ual just hangin' out, Trish cut her fingers as she cut the cardboard boys from the rest of the structure.

Once released, we made a dash for the door & into the parking lot. Did I mention it was HUGE? And a bit awkward to run with.

"HEY!" Movie Manager Boy ran after us.

And this is the most important lesson I learned that night: Getaway car.

I suppose it could have been worse; we could have been arrested. Can you imagine that? But officer, my only crime is loving U2 too much. Ah, memories!

But I digress. Last night's affair was a bit more involved than a simple concert:


So space-agey.

Perfect BEAUTIFUL night. AWESOME concert. Chiro-sister & I rocked out with Atlasta & SIL. Atlasta told us after the concert, "Oh yeah. I almost got my ass kicked tonight."

"What???" said us women-folk.

It seems that he was at the bar & he was about to order when a guy next to him said, "Hey! I was NEXT." The bartender looked at Atlasta, and Atlasta said, "No problem. Ladies first."
Next Guy said, "Hey! I'll kick your ass!"
Atlasta replied, "OK, ma'am."

At this point the bartender and everyone in hearing distance was laughing so hard that no one was taking him seriously. Hahahaha Good times.

No comments: