Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I got nothin'

...but I'm getting the lingo down and the buzz words are flying out of my mouth like I know what I'm talking about. We need all avails in your inventory and if you could just go ahead and forgo the spins for the next coupla weeks, that would be SUPER. Altho, today, I did get accused of externalizing my internal auditory...yeah, that'll be funny to at least one person reading this blog.

So like I said, I got nothin'. But I got a great joke from my friend Fairie Elaine. It's a Bono joke and I will say this: I think he's more...earnest than "self-righteous." OK, so here's the joke:

Bono, the lead singer of the band U2, is famous throughout the entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow , Scotland , he asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started slowly clapping his hands,once every few seconds. Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child dies in Africa ."

A voice with a broad Scottish accent, from the front of the crowd, pierces the quiet ........"Well, foockin stop doin' it then!"

No comments: