Friday, October 16, 2009

Special Day

Today is special, and both are boss-related. Firstly, according to my calendar, & prolly Hallmark, it's National Boss's Day. I guess that's to balance out National Secretary's Day. Except now they're called "administrative assistants." But I digress. In honour of today, I'd like to take this opportunity to honour my boss, John Morgan.

He's taught me an awful lot about sales:
  • It's better to under-promise & over deliver.
  • Negative reversals!
  • Radio people are auditory: Even tho I'm v. visual, I've learned to communicate with Auditories.
  • No doesn't mean no. It means no for now. And it means maybe 3 months from now. It could even become a yes.
  • Which brings me to: keep going until.
  • It doesn't matter how much time I spend or how long it takes me to do something, the bottom line is results.
  • My success is my responsibility--v. empowering & sometimes daunting.
Another thing that he's reminded me of is the specialness that comes with birthdays. He has a tradition where you can honour a person's birthday twice a day just with a clock. "9:28, make a wish!" he'll say for his son's birthday. It's not just people, he has birthday celebrations for Snuffy, the black-nosed beagle because, you know, Snuffy is part of the fam. Every year he gets a pound cake & birthday gifts. For real. So, HAPPY BOSS'S DAY, John, and . . .


No comments: