Saturday, February 6, 2010

Historic Blizzard

The electricity has gone out, so I'm operating on battery power. I don't know how long it will be out, & I need to save my battery for work on Monday. So, if I don't post anything for a few days, that's why. Here's the view out of my living room window:

View off front porch:


Back porch view with wood shed:

I've made quite the dent in wood

I've no water & I'll have to be more diligent about keeping the wood stove stoked thru the night. I've put some proper porridge on top of the wood stove to cook, and another pot for tea. I'm feeling rather pioneerish. Should I break out some darning? I'll be like Abe Lincoln reading by candle light. *sigh* Stay warm & toasty everyone. I'll be back when I am. :-) H.

2 comments:

ksprietzer said...

Stay warm with your puppies. glad u have a wood stove and proper porridge to sustain u for the long hall :)

Hali Chambers said...

Thanks! The electricity came back on just before it was getting dark. I lit a candle just in case it went out again. Right after I decided to blow out the candle, the lights went out again! What a winter! :-) H.