Friday, July 30, 2010

Funny Friday: Farewell Bobby Williams

A Facebook friend-of-a-friend friend requested me.* I looked at his photo; nice guy. Then I got a message from him:
 
how was your day?please can we chat?bobby

Hmmmm . . .

So I replied by asking him how he knew my friend.

 am so sorry for that ok.......am new on here and am just trying to make friends ok...i saw her on your friend list ....... please can you tell me something about you?my name is bobby and am from Wisconsin Milwaukee......
 
REALLY?  Wisconsin Milwaukee?  This just gets better and better.  So I ask him what he does.

for now i lost my job....i dont work ...what about you?  please can we chat on yahoo now?please 

 So I unfriended him. My first!  And then he sent this:

hello Hali chamber..since all my life i never had the time and the moment of happiness since i was born ...when my dad and mom was still alive..they use to fight and get mad at themselves every time ...but now they are no more alive ..i lost them both to an auto accident long time ago that was why am not happy now.....because they never gave me all what i wanted in life ...but one thing they left for me is some properties and some funds with lawyer ...but since they dies i never had the chance of getting it because it was writing on the will that i most get married and have with me my marriage certificate before i can have any access to the will ...now .....am so lonely and don't have anybody to help me to get it out ...because i need to get my marriage certificate and tender it at the court of law before i can get the properties and the money...please can you help me ?i just needed help from someone that is capable and that i can get married to.. so that he can help me plan how am going to use the funds and the properties well....please can you get contact me back me back so that i will know your mind about it......bobby Williams 

Yes, and my brother the Prince of Nigeria just needs your bank acount number. Well, "Bobby", let me tell you my mind about it...I emailed our mutual friend & told her what was going on. On the upside, my first email marriage proposal from Sir Spam-a-lot!

I'll forever be on the lookout for this guy. Maybe he's a stock photo. Maybe he's from a yearbook pic. Oh! Maybe he's really on MySpace.** I have this idea that I would show his photo to someone and they would say, "Don't you know who that is? That's So-and-so; he's that actor from Such-and-such a show."

Oh, well! That's my bit of amusement from Facebook Spam!

*You see, Mum, Facebook is a social networking site where you can have friends & family. You can post updates, photos, videos, etc.  Facebook has made "friend" a verb.   e.g. I friended Bono on Facebook.  When someone wants to be your friend on Facebook, they send a "friend request."  Also a verb.   e.g. I friend requested Bono.   And because you can friend someone, you can also UNfriend them.  e.g. I unfriended Bobby Williams.

**You see, Mum, MySpace is another social networking site. That I'm not on.

No comments: