Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hummingbird Vizzie

You know I have hummingbird feeders.   And one of my favourite things to do is to sit on my back porch and watch them. I first discovered I had hummingbirds when I saw one come up to Chiro-sister's stained glass piece hanging in my kitchen window. So I put up feeders [Chiro-sister: Is that the feeder I gave to MUM?"  Oops.] and have been entertained ever since. Well, yesterday, look what happened:


I know, you're squinting at the picture, saying, "What am I supposed to be looking at?" And if you're Mum, "I cahn't see anything." See the dark mark toward the bottom of the window? That's a hummingbird. Inside. I snapped a pic before I scooped her up into my hands. As soon as I covered her, she went completely still. At night, they go into a state of hibernation, where everything slows way down.  So then I walked to the porch, opened my hands, and off she flew. PreTTy, preTTy, preTTy COOL!

2 comments:

Whispers of Joy said...

love this one! Hummingbirds are always a good sign. I occasionally see one at our house, but I have no feeders, so I shouldn't expect any, should I?

Hali Chambers said...

Yes, coincidentally, one of the characteristics associated with hummingbirds is JOY. ;-) Also, hummingbirds feed at flowers, so you could see an odd one here or there. Having a feeder makes for regular sightings. :-) H.