Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BIG LOVE


"Love is the great democracy--all of us are equally deserving of its welcome." ~Bradford Keeney
According to Keeney in his book, Bushman Shaman, the Kalahari bushmen refer to God as the Big Love. In gladness and sadness, they dance in celebration of that Love. I'm reading Eckhart Tolle's Oprah Bookclub book, A New Earth and in it he suggests that you may have an awakening experience as you read the book. I don't think that's just with his book, it could be any book that touches your soul. That was certainly my experience as I read Bushman Shaman.
I was visiting a friend out in West Virginia. He was mowing his GF's yard and I'm watching him as he rides the mower on the side of the hill like he's surfing. He's having FUN. And I'm reading about Big Love and I feel my spirit open up and I am in the heart of God on a mountainside in WV feeling the BIG LOVE. GF's mother is in the house and she keeps going in/coming out and standing next to me. We don't speak and I know she doesn't know why she feels compelled to keep checking on the mowing progress. It's OK. Stand next to me and be in the Big Love with me.
The painting above is a healing symbol reflecting the Big Love--but since we are created in God's image, it's also a reflection of our spirit, radiating our own Light. We are like drops of water in the ocean of Love. However we express it, we're wanting to have that connection to Love. In the heart of God, there is no separation. It is in our humaness that we feel disconnected. Oh, you with your Godtalk, Hali. Yeah, I'll have a more mundane post tomorrow. Perhaps. In the meantime, here's wishing you all . . . BIG LOVE!!!
P.S. A v. HAPPY B-DAY to my 3 Six-of-Diamonds friends born on this day: Alaria, Dee, & Doug!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just found your blog through margot's it's wonderful!! i'll be back often!
kathy :-)

Hali Chambers said...

Kathy, THANKS SO MUCH! I'm a huge fan and hit the FW button whenever I get your inspiring newsletter. And I think of you whenever I'm *glittering* anything. About a year and a half ago, my tea-leaf-reading friend Kristina said after one of my FW's, "Crafy Chica is about to TAKE OFF!" I'm SO EXCITED for all your wonderful successes. You ROCK! :-) Hali

P.S. I think it was through you that I joined the Margot Fan Club. :-)