Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ornament Thursday: LUCK

I designed this labyrinth based on a 4-leaf clover. You can see the template in the previous post.
There are a couple variations. The first one I did on cardstock and used graphite paper to trace the image. Then I applied the dimensional paint (I use Scribbles). I mod-podged a real 4-leaf clover in the center. I used a gloss varnish for the finger path, and then used gold sparkle paint around the labyrinth. Then I glued it to the cover of a journal.


My favourite way of creating finger labyrinths is to use regular copy transparency sheets (for an overhead projector). I put the labyrinth template underneath and trace over with the dimensional paint. It dries in a few hours. Then you can apply that to a note book, journal, etc.
On this one, I painted the cover of the journal with acrylic paints, and then put the labyrinth on top when it dried. I used a metalic marker for writing.


This is my favourite! Glow-in-the-dark dimensional paint, great fun at night. Also, the dimensional part adds a nice kinesthetic feel to tracing the labyrinth with your finger. You could also close your eyes for a different experience. This one is on a transparency sheet and I put it over a pretty piece of shimmery paper I got from Michael's. I've also used wallpaper to cover notebooks, steno pads, etc. and then the transparency sheet goes right on top.

HAPPY ORNAMENT THURSDAY, everyone!!! :-) H.

Here are the links to the rest of the gang:

Art Bead Scene Lucky ABS!

We're part 2 of Lucky Knots!Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva Luck is knotted up in Part 1 of this tutorial

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Melanie is inspired by a lucky Leprechaun to make a fairy tale, treasure filled necklace

Jennifer Heynen of Jangles Lucky Charms Bracelet...The name says it all. This bracelet has everything to bring you good luck.

Joolz by Lisa As Luck Would Have It...Lucky Earrings

Katie's Beading Blog Make your own luck with these fun, swingy earrings!

Linda Augsburg at Make It Mine magazine Lucky doesn't begin to describe the adventure I had making this T-shirt...

Lucky Lucky to be... based on a coin holder a friend made for me...

Lucky To Be Me Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? Well, YOU, of course. No matter who you are when you look into this magical mirror, you'll be reminded you're lucky to be you!

Lynn Kvigne - Beading Help Web Irish Proverb Window Ornament - step by step instructions for making this year-round ornament that may bring luck right through your window!

Melissa J. Lee - Strands of Beads Good fortune is yours with this cookie-inspired necklace.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! You'll "make Jean's day " if you check out her lucky Pendant with a Clint Eastwood eighties twist

Swelldesigner Swelldesigner gets lucky this month with some super colorful, sparkly painted bangles

The Impatient Blogger Luck starts with a wish...Margot shares an project she created for Simply Beads last August.

10 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love this! I hope everyone else finally figures it out and finds your "secret post!"--it's great

Linda Augsburg said...

See, my busy day and inability to view everyone's blogs paid off today, because I found the secret link! Love the idea of a glow-in-the-dark path to follow at night. What a great idea for soothing sleepless souls back to sleep! I might have to try one soon! And I love the variations!

Hali Chambers said...

THANKS, Jean! I wasn't meaning to do a "secret post"--more of a blonde moment, than anything. Anyway, I think I've sorted it all out. Have been having lots o' FUN OT blog-hopping--especially enJOYed your post! :-) H.

Hali Chambers said...

THANKS so much, Linda! The first finger labyrinth I ever made was with the glow-in-the-dark dimensional paint. It's gotten a lot of use over the years. Kids love labyrinths and it's a great hand-eye coordination activity. Educational Kinesiologists claim that labyrinths help balance the hemispheres of the brain. The glow-in-the-dark makes it extra-fun for kids, young & old. :-) H.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Love this - another beautiful labyrinth design. I like the idea of using finger labyrinth's with children, too. I'll have to try it with my son!

Lisa said...

What a great idea! I'm going to show it to my daughter...she loves journals (I wish she'd use a planner more but I'm just the mom)...

Hali Chambers said...

Thanks, Melissa! I can imagine the Short One having a lot of FUN running through a life-size labyrinth, too! :-) H.

Hali Chambers said...

Lisa, I bet your daughter is crafty enough to make journals and sell to her girlfriends at school. I just buy the $1 ones at the Dollar Tree. Actually, the ones I used for this project were from Michael's. (Still a dollar). :-) H.

P.S. From one just-a-mom to another: your influence is greater than you realize! ;-)

Michelle McGee said...

Okay, that's stinkin, stinkin' cute!!!

Glow in the dark? I love it!!!

You and I must be twinnies!!!! Same music, same books!

Hali Chambers said...

Hey Michelle! Yeah--2 ROCKIN' gals in a pod!!! :-) H.