Friday, February 8, 2008

The Gift of Presence

"When you're in that place of presence, there are no magic words." ~John Morgan

I reminded John yesterday that he said this to me in a conversation--prolly when he was expounding on the virtues of Eckhart Tolle. "Oh, really? I did?" He didn't remember. He must've said it while in that place. I've been reading Radical Forgiveness--it really is v. radical. I fell asleep after I'd read this:

"Don't pray for peace. Pray to feel peace. That's the most creative prayer you can make. Peace is the strongest power on earth, and it is certainly called for at this time. When we can feel peace in our hearts, we will know Love and our world will reflect it."

So I fell asleep praying to feel peace and extending that prayer to my friends who have lost a beloved family member. I woke at 4 a.m. feeling that place of presence, absolute peace. Warm and cozy, listening to the snores of Remi at the foot of my bed. It is rare that I don't wake up with the To Do List in my head. Nothing from the past, no worries of the future, just the present. What a gift.

No comments: