Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day of Rest

I couldn't upload at the time, but this was the sunrise on Inaugural Day:



That strip of white is the river frozen over. It's been Arctic, here.

I love the contrast of the gorgeous sky to the wintery-grey landscape.
So: today will prolly be my last post until next weekend. I'll be heading out v. early tomorrow to go traveling with THE John Morgan for John Morgan Seminars in New England. *sigh* I have to do math. On the upside, it's John Morgan!
This Tues. is my b-day. This is when I celebrate my own personal new year. A year ago today I said goodbye to Barkley. This morning when I woke up, I felt her with me. I felt the peace of acceptance, but also the gratitude for having her in my life, and the supreme love that never dies. Last year was full of some difficult good-byes. This year I want to say hello to a few more happy things.

No comments: