Friday, January 2, 2009

Write it down, make it happen

Write It Down, Make It Happen is a great book. I did mention that I don't have new year's resolutions anymore, but it's because I have goals throught the year. Business & motivational speaker Brian Tracy said that if you just wrote down a list of what you want to accomplish and never looked at it again, you would begin to move toward those things on your list. 6 months later if you were to look at the list, you would find that you had accomplished many of those things. It's kind of like giving an order to the subconscious mind. While you are busy with your daily life, the subconscious remembers the direction you want to go in. I once attended a Science of Mind class with Elaine Silver many years ago. We were instructed to list 100 Things to Do, Be, & Have. Could you do it? Some people got stuck at 5 or 10 or 38. I wrote out 100 things and tucked it away in my journal where I saw it 6 months later. Brian Tracy was right! I'd accomplished 90% of the list, and the other 10% I didn't care about anymore. Time for another 100 Things for 2009.

No comments: