Friday, February 20, 2009

Off she goes . . .


I took Mum to the airport early this a.m. And when I say "early," I mean we left at 4 a.m. in case of commuter traffic. We breezed thru to the airport and Mum breezed thru the TSA line--she was the line. She called: "There was no waiting in security and I'm at the gate drinking a $2 cup of coffee!" She's going to the Dominican Republic to help build a house. Or as Brother D calls it, "a cinderblock shack." Last night we went to dinner at the BEST restaurant (the BEST, Jerry!)Element's, in Front Royal. Here's a brilliant idea for all you restaurants out there: the early bird, $15 dinner: salad (green or Ceasar), entree (fish, chicken, or steak) dessert (cake, bread pudding, or pie) Delicious!

On the way to dinner, I snapped these photos as we drove by:




This is Mum's favourite view. It's remained relatively the same for the past 35 years. She said, "It's so bucolic." Speaking of bucolic, time to get on with the day!

No comments: