Friday, February 6, 2009

Quote-of-the-Day

20 years ago I was at a lecture with some Indian guru. At the end of it, everyone could talk to him for some personal advice. I don't remember what my question was, but he said to me in broken English to meditate more. Afterwards, I was talking to other people and they were marveling at his wisdom.

Yoga Chick: He is so right, I have not been meditating enough.
Random Guy: That's what he told me, too. I've really been ignoring my practice.
Me: Wait a minute . . . .

That's right. That was his advice to everyone. Which, when you think about it, is not bad advice. Things are much more peaceful & balanced after meditation. All those little Mark Twain worries melt away. Meditation, not medication. ;-)

And you thought this was a hair wash post.

No comments: