Wednesday, July 6, 2011

John & Mel

Work Is for People Who Don't Fish

Crossword Wiz Mel & husband John came for a vizzie last week. GORGEOUS day! I came down to the river to find John & Mel, and . . . 3 other trucks, one with a 4-wheeler on a trailer. 5 random guys, one stacking up cases of beer, another wielding a chain saw and sawing up a fallen tree. The NOISE!  Who are these people???  Having Mel & John there gave me a bit of confidence so I marched over to the guys & said, "Who are you and what are you doing here?" They claimed to be friends of the owner. When pressed, friends-of-a-friend of the owner. Turns out they thought they were on Neighbor Chuck's lot which is just before the gate, next to mine.  I called Chuck & had him talk to one of the guys. Next thing they're doing is packing up. "We're real sorry, ma'am. I guess we'll put out the far and move on over to Chuck's."

Fire?!

Yup, with a grill over it ready for some campfire fixin's. So they packed up and moved. About 3 a.m. the following morning, the sky ripped open and pelted my roof with golf balls. When I went down to the river the next morning, the guys had left. I imagine hail hitting a tent is a bummer. They told Mel & John I was a "city girl." Hahahahaha 

But back to Mel & John & a few pix:


One of a gazillion perch, bass, & whatnots.

Hi Mel!

Another one!

It was a busy canoe day. This was funny. Look closely at the canoers.

This is the life!  :-)
What a delightful way to spend the day! Thanks John & Mel for making the trek all the way out here! :-)

No comments: