Monday, January 3, 2011

M&M Monday

We had a few days of really warm weather. I didn't even have the wood stove fired up. So the girls were happy plunking down & spending a bit more time outside.

View thru the kitchen window.
Maggie always comes back up first. Often I don't even call her, but if I do, she comes right away. Not so with Millie. She stands there and pretends not to hear me.

"Hmmm . . . MAYBE I'll go back to the house . . . ."

Heading up the ramp . . . but . . .

"Oh, lookit that!" (whatever it is)

Ta da! Back on the porch. "You're welcome."
Yesterday, Millie stood on the porch looking at me holding the door for her to come in. She just stood there. Waiting. For me to get a treat. I reached for the bag, and she started walking in. Smart girl.

Love Millie's smushy-face.  :-)
One of Millie's favourite spots where she can watch trains & turkeys & deer.
And then Maggie found her way there, but she never watches out the window like Millie does.

Zzzzzz . . . .

I woke her up.  "Must you?"  Zzzzzz . . . .
Yesterday I was away for a Spirit School gathering. Usually when I come home, both girls greet me at the door. I got home, and there was Millie . . . but where was Maggie?  I walked into the living room & then I thought she must be in the bedroom. "Maggie?" I'm standing in my bedroom and somewhere, I hear the Maggie Tail Thump. "Maggie?" Thump-thump-thump! I follow the sound and there she was in my office. She had nosed her way in and the door shut behind her and she couldn't get out. Ever cheerful, lying on the floor, waiting for me to find her! Poor thing. I gave her some Whole System EEP and we headed outside. All is well.  :-)

No comments: