Saturday, October 20, 2007

Big City Wilderness


I got a call yesterday from my boss, John Morgan. He's in NYC to see Eckhart Tolle at the Beacon Theatre. John has an aversion to talking on his cell phone in public, so I was surprised he called me. One time I gabbed with him as I was navigating the aisles of Walmart. "How can you do that?" he asked me. I'm multi-tasking. So he says, "I'm joining the rest of the jackasses on their phones." When in Rome... It was so otherworldly to hear all the street noises of the city while standing out in my yard.

I'm not really in Eckhart Tolle's Fan Club--nothing against him, but I tried to listen to an audio series and it was such a Snooze Fest. I like him better when someone else is quoting him. Like John. [OMG, when I googled Eckhart Tolle, it seems he really does have a fan club!] So I'll leave you with some cool quotes:

"You may not yet be able to bring your unconscious mind activity into awareness as thoughts, but it will always be reflected in the body as an emotion, and of this you can become aware."

"Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath"

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" — and find that there is no death"

P.S. Something extraordinary happened to John yesterday, but it's not my story to tell. I told him he has to do a blog post for it. Altho, things like that happen to me all the time. Oooh, what could it be? Stay tuned.

No comments: