Monday, October 8, 2007

Mystic Pet Spa & Grasshoppers

I spent the weekend with my chiro-sister Ruth at a Brimhall seminar with Dr. David Lee in Harrisburg, PA. Anyone who knows me knows that I am all Blah-blah-blah Brimhall, but I'm going to post about that later this week when I can upload photos. In the meantime, I've discovered a local gem and an AMAZING pet hotel: Mystic Pet Resort & Spa
I am SO happy to be able to leave my geezer-dogs someplace cheerful, warm, bright, sunny & so welcoming. Owners Gareth & Lena are AWESOME! Gareth is British and if he weren't looking after dogs, he'd be Eddie Izzard. Lena clipped Barkley's toenails for me in the car as I was leaving to come back to the wilderness. SUCH nice people and I am so lucky to have them here in LOO-ray, VA of all places!
And speaking of grasshoppers, even tho I wasn't...today's Grasshopper Note was v. inspired; all about the power of surrender. AND I'll leave you with my favourite quote:

Once you notice your programmed reaction, it's time to switch gears. So when you get mired in the mud and you have your moment of angst, that's the time to notice that the thought machine is about to spin out of control. Just this perception will bring you back into the moment. Switching into the moment is surrender.Surrender gives you the best chance to go from predicament to peace. And in this peaceful place, you receive higher quality information that transforms the process of seeking a solution. You go from scattered thought to no thought at all. Clarity comes from this unimpeachable silence.

No comments: