Monday, October 29, 2007

First frost...so frosty....

I do promise to post daily. However, the time may be inconsistent as I'm waiting for the frost to melt from the satellite dish! (Fair warning for tomorrow). So, here is a photo from this a.m. GLORIOUS.
You can barely see it, but there is a house up to the left and is in what's left of the old Skymont. It used to be a boyscout camp until it had a brief stint as a commune in the early '70's, where I spent my formative years from age 7 to 17. Mum always says, "It was NOT a commune! It was a community of like-minded people." OK, then. Commune. If you see interviews with actress Patricia Arquette where she's talking about growing up in a "hippie commune," this is the place. And that's the house she lived in with her family. Everyone called it "The Chalet." Altho, now it's just a giant screened-in porch. Oh, the stories I could tell...but I'll save them for another time!

No comments: