Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anything Else

Last night I was going to watch Oprah's webinar with Eckhart Tolle. It was a few minutes before it was to start and I was chatting with John. I won't give the techno-details, but I was following directions and I wasn't getting into the class.

Then John told me a story. A Dave Dobson Story.

Do you remember that story Dave tells about learning to fly? [Maybe. Often I don't remember something Dave said until it's necessary. That's how Dave was.] Anyway, the story was something about what would Dave do if the instructor had a heart attack and the plane was plummiting to the earth and he had to land the plane all by himself when he'd never done it before.

He would take the controls, pull up on the nose.

What if none of it worked?

Pray.

And then what? Anything else. Do anything. Keep going until. How badly do you want this?

So I redoubled my efforts. I've learned this from John: when in doubt, restart your computer. Except that I forget until he reminds me. And whenever he says reminds me of a story, I pay attention. Thanks, John. And thanks, Dave.

P.S. Plummit? Plummet? Where's my spell-checker?

No comments: