Saturday, March 22, 2008

Auntie Hal

I'm still out of town and now I have on my Auntie Hal hat. I'm at Mum's and she's made porridge. So the nephews & niece are all eating Mum's 3-hour oatmeal. My sister says she hates oatmeal because she says, "It's not the taste, it's that the texture is like snot." Eeeewwwww!!! BTW, I get that Eeeewwwww!!! from her son when he was 5. Here's the convo:

Nephew: What's for dinner, Mom?
Sister: Well, we're having chicken, broccoli, cooked carrots....
Nephew: Eeeewwwww!!! Cooked carrots?! I hate cooked carrots!

At this point my sister gives him The LOOK while she says his name in The Mom Warning Tone.
Nephew: None for me thanks, I'm not a fan of cooked carrots.

He's older now, still not a fan of cooked carrots, but perfectly polite. Too late, tho, because I've adopted the phrase for all-things-yucky. It was especially appropriate when I was in massage school watching Dr. Bob's anatomy videos. Eeeewwwww!!!

And I'm not a fan of cooked carrots, either. That's right... Eeeewwwww!!!

HAPPY SPRING, have a GORGEOUS day! :-) H.


No comments: