Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Grasshopper Notes




I’m a huge Grasshopper fan and my blog is sprinkled with John Morgan quotes. A day doesn't go by when I don't write something down that he's said that's profound, thought-provoking or funny. I’m *SO EXCITED* because Grasshopper Notes is going to become a book. He’s asking for people’s 3 favourite blog posts/newsletters to make sure they get included. Only 3? In return, he'll include you in a drawing to win 5 fabulous John Morgan products of your choice. You can find out all about it here. These are some of my favourite blogposts with quotes:

Mad Libs

“You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge.” ~Eckhart Tolle

As I wrote it down, it became clear to me that any desired outcome could be substituted for the word “Good” and the adage remains just as profound. The framework of the quote acts as a cosmic Mad Lib. For example, you could substitute these words: “Happy,” “Joyous,” “Rich,” “Sexy,” “Insightful,” “Loving,” “Caring,” “Fulfilled,” etc. for the word “Good” and the source of emergence is always the same.

Inspiration
John’s eloquent tribute to Dave Dobson.
Frustration/Dissatisfaction
John's take on "falling apart."

He has 2 posts called "Creation." This one:

"You created this. Now what else can you create?” ~The Grasshopper

Your life begins to change when you recognize that you are a creator. You’ve created a past that has a hold on your present. It isn’t necessary to get into therapy to find out the causative factors. That may be interesting information, but it’s most often used to justify why you are the way you are now. “I’m the son of an alcoholic parent,” “I’m an incest victim,” “Clowns scared me when I was 4,” are some examples of how the justification keeps you in place.

“I’m the son of a bricklayer” is my answer to all the justifications. So what? The building of the causative factor into an entity is just another wall you will have to break down to change things up – so don’t build it in the first place.”
Creation
“Who you are is someone that you made up and got comfortable with.”

I quote that last one a lot! The deadline for entering is this Friday, March 7th. So go check it out!

P.S. AlSO, tonight is Susan's Invocations of Grace teleconference at 9 p.m. EST.

No comments: