Sunday, March 2, 2008

HAPPY B-DAY, Dr. Seuss


I know you're dead
but if you weren't
I'd give you cake
that wasn't burnt.

I'd sing for you
and maybe dance
and read your books
at every chance.

Your cat and ham
Your JOY and rhymes
have given us such
HAPPY times.

So HAPPY Birthday,
to you now.
Dr. Seuss,
we take a bow.


Today I'm wearing my Cat-in-the-Hat socks for Dr. Seuss. Last night XM Radio Guy celebrated his b-day by giving away his books & some pens as his cheap give-away. Great stuff. I learned to read with The Cat in the Hat, one of my all-time favourite books. He was approached by a textbook company to write a primer, but after he wrote it, they rejected it as inappropriate. So then he went on to fame and fortune. Yay, us!
P.S. THANKS, Mum for reading to me for hours and hours the same books over and over. You're the BEST!

No comments: