Friday, May 29, 2009

Lessons from the Road

I was on the way to an appointment in Silver Spring, and I got lost. And yes, for those of you who are wondering, I was using the GPS. But it got confused.

Yes, it can and it did.

Anyway, I ended up on a quiet little street, and saw this:



And this:



Worth the 3-minute detour. BEAUTIFUL. :-)

3 years ago, I was on my way to a Brimhall seminar. I was on an unfamiliar highway and uncertain where I was. I got stuck on an off-ramp and was heading off the road when I managed to maneuver back over and onto the road--which was why I was pulled over by a police officer. He said to me that it wasn't worth risking an accident and that "even if you get detoured off the main road, you can always get back on if you need to."

I had been struggling about whether to go to Dave Dobson's Funshop. I had just finished massage school 2 days earlier, was seeing Brimhall the next day, and then flying out the next. The Funshop seemed like a detour and I was debating about going. Did I really need to go? It was a detour, and thanks to that police officer, I took it. I think if we're not picky about the messenger, the answers will come from wherever they will.

No comments: