Saturday, May 23, 2009

Visual Auditory

I do collages, but this one was different. Usually I'm v. precise and spend a lot of time with colour, shape, images. This one is mostly words & phrases. I went thru a magazine [Ladies Home Journal with Ellen on the cover--because she's a . . . wait for it . . . that's right . . . Cover Girl]. Anyway, I flipped thru v. quickly & just cut & ripped out words that got my attention. I didn't think about it, I just did it. And this is what I got:

Quote by the candle from Ellen:

As I've aged and matured,
I just feel better about myself,
more confident and
more comfortable
in my own skin.

Yeah, like that. :-) This is going to be one of those pieces that I look at and get something different out of each time. What do you notice first? I look at that "Unblock Feeling" and it makes me think of a Jerry Stocking course. And there's nothing like a healthy dose of *giggles*[snort] So as Jerry likes to say, time for me to go play. And by play I mean do dishes. How do you make that fun? I'm going to listen to some v. fun music. And *splash* :-)

2 comments:

Jerry stocking said...

As Jerry likes to say "Hali, you make anything and everything fun." Do you do the dishes as you go or let them accumulate for a bit or even let them mellow? Just wondered.
Love, Jerry

Hali Chambers said...

Aawwww...thank you! DITTO.

Re: the dishes~ yes to all of the above. Depends on my mood and whether I have clean tea cups.
;-) H.