Monday, April 29, 2013

Bingo, Tabby & RoRo

T-Bob & B-Dog, just hangin' out:

Nephew RoRo LOVES "Mango," & she is so good with him!

Belly rubs!

This was the day of Mum narrowly escaping eating a caterpillar.


RoRo showing Bingo how to open the door. As we all know, she knows!

She's not going to fit. Much to her dismay!

*smooch*
 They all eventually learn it. The cheesey smile:
Where he actually says, "CHEEEEEEESE!"
I made a new discovery about Bingo this week. We were walking in the woods, and I heard a bird cry and looked over to see Tabby with something in his mouth. I call him to me and he dropped it; not a bird, a squirrel. And then!  THEN Bingo flashed forward and grabbed the squirrel in her mouth, did that Death Shake thing that dogs do, and before I could stop her, there was nothing but the tail sticking out of her mouth. Ugh. Twitching.  I was yelling at her, "DROP IT!" And she wouldn't let go. I had to pry her jaws open and out dropped the poor squirrel. Poor thing.  

Sunday morning, Bingo was looking v. intently at a pile of leaves and then she leapt up and then pounced. I don't know what was in there, a mouse? She looked just like this little fox I used to watch in the front field at the River House.  I pulled her away and we continued on our walk. I can't fault her; it's her instinct. [Side note here: Whenever I think of that word "instinct," I'm reminded of Brother Atlasta telling a story at the dinner table. He was maybe 7 years old, and was talking about some TV show where they showed a lion going after another animal. And he finished his story with, "And his instincts were hanging out," meaning to say "intestines." Hahahaha]

So that was our week. I was going to title this post, "Bingo, Squirrel Slayer," but thought better of it.  Hopefully the next Bingo post will be about cute-things-Bingo-did or another-food-Bingo-hates. Perhaps I'll offer her some mango--now that would be ironical if she spits it out. Stay tuned . . . .

No comments: