Monday, April 19, 2010

M & M Monday

It's been quite the week for Maggie & Millie! They had a visit with Fisherman Willie:

Millie says, "Hello."

Yesterday, I was in the basement doing laundry. Millie was on the back porch & started barking. Then Maggie joined in. I thought maybe someone was coming up the drive, but I got upstairs just in time to see Willie driving down to the river on his Gator. They've gotten to know the sound of it! They do the same thing when Neighbor Dave goes by on his tractor. Willie stopped by on his way back & the girls were at the door wagging away.

Friday night I had a sleep-over with Mum & Pioneer Sister's kids. I was a bit nervous about their visit because they had turned into frothing beasts when they first saw the kids at Mystic Pet Resort a few months ago. So I put them in my bedroom when Mum brought the kids. There they stayed until Maggie managed to sneak out! By Saturday morning, she was hanging out in the living room with the kids. The guest room was all prepared, but of course, they slept on the sofas; the youngest slept on one of the dog beds!

Maggie managed to make a nice bed for herself!

Millie stayed in my bedroom doorway for much of the day. She wasn't a fan of all the activity and noise.

The weather has been springy & these girls are definitely outdoorsy! They are happy to settle in to the dirt or wherever.

Maggie under the porch.

Under the lilacs.

Millie by the woodshed.


Yoo-hoo, Mil! Where are you going?

No comments: