Monday, April 5, 2010

M&M Monday

Well. It's tick season, and we have teeny-tiny ones smaller than a freckle! I hate putting chemicals on the girls, & Lena gave me an essential oil recipe to try:

Combine equal amounts:
  • cinnamon
  • lemongrass
  • clove
  • thyme
  • peppermint
Keep in small jar fitted with an eye-dropper lid. Shake well before applying drops along the spine of dog. (neck to base of tail) 4 ml per 40 pounds. Adjust amount greater/lesser weight. Apply every two weeks. Not for pups under 12 weeks. Not for use on cats/kittens.

I was doing OK until I added the thyme oil! Pee-Ewwww! I started to get a migraine from it, so we'll see how it goes. I'd left the mixing jar open, so I think that's why it was so strong smelling. The house has aired out and by the time Mum got here for Easter afternoon, she said it smelled better than smelling the dogs. She also said that I did a perfect job of hanging my laundry today & said I should take a picture. I didn't, but have this one from last season:

Millie chillin'.

Nothing like that fresh smell of laundry off the line! Will keep you posted on how we do with the essential oil combo. :-)

No comments: