Thursday, August 14, 2008

T is for Turtle


Some bloggers play the alphabet game. I thought I'd be random today. T for turtle. Oh! and T for Thursday. Turtle is also a nickname that the Tweed sisters call each other. [Who? Gene Simmons' Family Jewels. There; now you know. Guilty pleasure.] Turtles in the road has become a family joke, because I always stop to help them. Once, when I lived in WV, there was a HUGE snapping turtle on its back in the middle of the road. I pulled over and another gal pulled up behind me. We both were staring at it. HUGE! And hissing at us. It's neck was a foot long. Snapping turtles will take your arm. Luckily some guy in a pickup truck joined us. He said, "That will make some good soup." Don't eat it! we both exclaimed in a chorus of exclamation. He laughed and then picked up the turtle by its tail, and walked it across the road and set it down.


I ran into this little guy on my way into town. Fisherman Willie's grandson found a baby box turtle, so he put it into a little box for the day with some water and things to eat. Then Willie found a much BIGGER turtle that he put in the box. Too bad it's not on video, they would win America's Funniest Home Videos. When his granddaughter (age 6) & grandson (age 3) opened the box . . . Hahaha Happy T-day!

No comments: