Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dave


Today is Dave Dobson's birthday. I was listening to his Funshop '06 recording yesterday on my way back from NC. I attended the workshop and I've listened to it a coupla times. I always get something new out it. Or I recognize a thought process or belief I've adopted since then, but without having a conscious awareness of it--until I'm hearing it. I took the above picture at VA Beach and made a card out of it for Dave the last time I went to see Bruce Lipton. For those of you who haven't heard his Beach Tape, he has you walk along the beach and get progressively relaxed, starting with 5 . . . 5 . . . and you begin to notice a pleasant sensation starting at your feet. . . .
The first time I heard it, I was asleep after I heard the number 5. :-) I remember when he was asked to do a DVD of the Beach Trip and he wrote to me, "Who wants to watch a video of something that tells you to close your eyes?" Hahaha But back to the Funshop and a quote-for-today:
One of the things that I've noticed about humans is we tend to take life too seriously . . . now I'm serious about that. And I think it's a shame because we're equipped to be able to enjoy life--seriously, we are. And I think it's a good idea to get used to the idea that it's all right to enjoy life.
He anchored us all to laugh at that word "serious." Hahaha Seriously. Back tomorrow with wedding tales. :-) H.

No comments: