Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In case you didn't get the memo...

I just sent out a mass email about an alarming FDA proposal (Docket No. 2006D-0480, CAM Guidance). In it I told people to call the phone numbers listed...and there were no phone numbers. So another email followed shortly thereafter apologizing for my blonde moment. So this is it in a nutshell:
Anyone who knows me long enough will hear me Blah Blah Blah BRIMHALL because it was thanks to Dr.'s Brett & John that I have a life. I know that if it weren't for them, I would not be here today. So anything I can do to help out, I will! Dr. John sent out an email about this FDA proposal that will severely limit our healthcare freedoms with regard to natural remedies. It will affect us all in one capacity or another--as clients, patients or practitioners in any kind of wellness practice. To my massage therapist friends: take note! One of my favourite massage lotions has arnica in it which is great for muscle aches and pains. This could become regulated as well as other homeopathic remedies, herbal products and vitamins. It affects us all. If I get poison ivy, I want the freedom to go to the healthfood store and get some rhus tox or an herbal salve. Whatever ailment I may get, Nature has provided a remedy. Drug & insurance companies--which have great influence over our government-- would have you believe otherwise.

So this is what we can do:
For email contact:http://tinyurl.com/2u7ghc
They tell you to edit the email before you send it. It's 5 PAGES! Hehhh....

For snail mail & phone calls:
Go to http://www.nea.org/lac/writing.html & type in your zip code. It will give you all the contact info you need to write, email, call etc. your representatives. And then you can program the numbers into your cell phone (good info to have at your fingertips, anyway) and when you have a spare moment...waiting in line somewhere or stuck in traffic...you can take that opportunity to call your representative....NOW, we have until the end of the month to make a difference...and I do like to believe that each one of us has the capacity to make that difference.
As Dr. John said in his email, "Freedom is lost when good men do nothing." So let's do something! :-) H.

P.S. Letters & phone calls are even better than email.

No comments: