Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wounded Healer

I'm experiencing a bit of sciatic pain. It woke me up. At 4:30 a.m. So I'm waiting to call THE chiropractor in Luray, Dr. Michael King. He's a third-generation doc like my chiro-sister and he is v. skilled. I'm so grateful he's there when I need him. And I really need him today. I have many busy's to attend to--scripts for next week's recording session, Mum's annual 4th of July picnic & concert, ear candles to buy, my country's 500th anniversary to plan....

Back to the pain~ here's the upside: it teaches compassion. My chiro-sister Ruthie had a recent bout of back pain for the first time. She said that it gave her a v. personal experience and understanding for what her patients experience. Hmmm...I have an expertise in working with migraines and chronic pain that I wouldn't have if I didn't go through it myself. It is because of my own experiences that I can facilitate healing in others. For that, I am grateful. And I'm grateful, as I stand here writing, that it's a localized pain-in-the-ass that isn't completely debilitating. So much to be grateful for--and now, on with my day!

No comments: