Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Laugh. Dance. Vote.

XM Radio Guy sent this video to me yesterday. [On the original, it featured my name where it says "Undefined." Apparently I have embedded incorrectly; anyway, you get the point--imagine your name splashed up there.] It's so funny & it's v. appropriate because you know, I registered on the LAST day. Thank you, Ellen. I don't consider myself a political person. Eh, voting. It's like pumpkin pie; I can take it or leave it. Yeah, it's just like that, Hali. I've never been all RAH-RAH about any candidate. I liked Charlotte Pritt when she ran for governor of WV, but that was because she was a friend-of-sorts. But in general, I hate politics. It's just a lot of BLAH BLAH BLAH. From office politics to the GUBerment, they just annoy me. And if I need to know anything about politics, Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert will tell me. But then. Then! I thought about the election and who I'd want to see in the White House, and then I thought I'd better DO something. And I'm in a swing state. Sh-wing! So this is my doing something. I registered. I shall vote. Suddenly, I'm all RAH-RAH about the BLAH BLAH BLAH. I get it. I get the excitement and the hope and the fear. Oh, I feel so grown up. I've got my big girl panties on. I'm ready to rock-the-vote!

P.S. If you'd like to customize the above video for your friends, click here.

No comments: