Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day of Rest

Pictured above is the collage I did on my 2006 planner/calendar: a couple poems I wrote, a couple phrases lifted from some friend's emails that inspired me. A rock wall from Sedona, a sunrise, my first Hand of God painting, still my favourite. A picture of Shiva, Parvati, & baby Ganesh~a Hindu trinity of sorts. Many people think they have a monopoly on God and then try to impose their version of God on others. They create God in their own image and then get mad when others don't agree. Silly humans!

Jerry Stocking says that the definition of love is inclusion. I think that's the nature of an enlightened experience~feeling included and at one with everything. We are in this world to experience, to learn, to grow, to love. That's my belief, what's yours? We find evidence or lack of anything through our belief systems. Is your God a loving God? Is your God a wrathful God? Is your God indifferent? Is your God non-existent? Is the world a playground or a war zone? You'll find evidence for all these, depending on what belief goggles you're wearing.

When you try on a different pair of goggles, you'll begin to see a different world. Colin Tipping says that when you have the willingness to do something, you create a space for it to manifest. You open the door to allow whatever it is, to show up in your life. What are you willing to have a new willingness about today?

No comments: