Tuesday, August 16, 2011

GranAnne Boot Camp

A few years ago, Mum & I were babysitting for Brother Atlasta & he & chiro-sister were joking & calling it "GranAnne's Boot Camp." Well, the name stuck. The week before her birthday, Mum had the eldest 6 of 7 nieces & nephews at her house.

Side note here: We grew up with notes all around the house & the car; mostly about not eating, drinking, leaving a mess, etc. The one in the car was particularly spectacular & is emblazoned in my memory:

POSITIVELY NO EATING 
or drinking in this vehicle. 
The queen has spoken.

I'm embellishing with that last line, but it was implied. Anyway, here was the note she posted for GranAnne's Boot Camp.


After a week of fun with Mum, the kiddliewinks came to my house for a sleepover. I had them all draw pictures & write about their favourite things they did with GranAnne. Then I made it into a book for her. Here are a coupla letters:
Yes. Thak you!

This is cute--doesn't include any boy cousins.
I hosted a party for Mum's b-day the day before her b-day. Her actual b-day was the next day, so I went over & spent the day with her. I gave her the GranAnne's Boot Camp 2011 book:


This is the card I made to go with it.

No comments: