Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not a Day of Rest

It's a blogger's cliche: "Sorry I've not posted lately."  Yes, busy. Yes, getting settled into the new house. I'm just a bit . . . unsettled. And not really wanting to write about it all here. I can count on my hand the number of times I've completely slept thru the night since the move. For the most part, it's not Tabby Bobcat or Maggie waking me up. It's my neighbor's barking dog. This morning's bark fest began at 3 a.m. as per usual.  The dog belongs to the neighbor behind me, whom I've never met--but I already think is an IDIOT. This is what I know about this person so far: Outside dog = idiot neighbor. Barking dog at all hours of the night = idiot neighbor. Now you may think that I will be calling him Idiot Neighbor. No, it's Barking Dog Neighbor. The IDIOT.

See? This is why I haven't blogged recently. I don't want it to turn into a bitch fest. Would you like some cheese with that whine? But since I'm on a roll, I've got a 6-hour round trip back to the River House today to get the last load of stuff. On 4 hours sleep. Yay, me. I'll be back when I'm feeling less like this:


And more like  this:

Images from The Graphics Fairy.

2 comments:

Whispers of Joy said...

oh Hali.. so sorry you are having a bad day. How about this? I plan a baby shower for my daughter and spend ...oh.. somewhere in the range of $300 on gifts, food, decorations, etc......and guess what .... NO ONE SHOWS UP.....NO ONE!! Clay has an attitude because I even gave her a shower....and Hayden is sick...so Felicia and I eat, open presents and celebrate ALL BY OUR SELVES....

Hali Chambers said...

Oh NO! So sorry to hear that. You are such a good mom & I'm sure Felicia (& baby!) appreciate all the energy & effort you put into it. (((hugs))) :-) H.