Friday, May 9, 2008

Lushly Green & Growing

I am tempted to say that I am in monsoon season. It has been raining raining raining! So far the river hasn’t crossed my road, so I can still get out. I am surrounded by the lush green forest teaming with life. The fragrance of locust blossoms perfumes the air and there is an everpresent symphony of bird songs and squirrel chatter. I have been asked by a few people if I get scared living out here by myself where there are bears and coyotes and butterflies. No. I grew up like this, roaming the woods of an old boyscout camp. Besides, I am my mother’s daughter.

I am reminded of attending a Holographic Repatterning conference (now called Resonance Repatterning) in Sedona 4 years ago. I was sitting in a group of women and one was saying how she grew up with a mother who would say, "Life is a jungle out there." It was a glorious illustration of what Bruce Lipton was teaching in his Biology of Belief seminar (which we had all just attended). There are 2 states we can live in: fear/protection OR joy/growth. It’s an either/or, you can’t do both at the same time. What drives those states are our beliefs and other-than-conscious patterns. So the mother viewed her life through belief goggles of fear. I said, “What some people call a ‘jungle,’ others call a rainforest.” She took a breath…and smiled…and relaxed. “Oh. I never thought of it that way.”

That week in Sedona was the beginning of my yearning to live a more conscious life. Bruce said, “I woke up one morning and decided to live my life in nothing less than joy.” I decided that was a belief worthy of adoption! If you’ve not had the opportunity to see or hear him speak, you can catch him on XM 156 on the Bob Green Show tomorrow at 8 a.m. EST (I’m sure they’ll be replaying it later in the week). If you don’t have XM, you can sign up for a *FREE* month here. We are one step closer to getting him on Oprah. You can go to her website and write Oprah to help make that happen!

P.S. Blogger is not allowing me to upload lovely photo of v. green scenery. Hehhh...stoopid Blogger. Will try again later.... :-) H.

No comments: