Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bumps along the road


I was driving down my road thinking about nothing in particular. And then I heard the voice of Dave Dobson say,

Did you ever notice that when you hit a bump on the road, you keep going? You don't stop and go back and examine the bump. You don't count all the bumps as you go down the road. You don't need to know all the details of the bump. It was just a bump and you keep going. Some people like to make their bumps bigger or more important than they really are. Or they look for someone to blame for the bumps. Or they think about all the other bumps they've experienced. And it keeps them stuck on the road, instead of recognizing that you are actually going somewhere. Now, you're going to hit a few bumps along the road; everyone does, that's just a part of being human. So, when you get on the road, it's important to remember where you're going. And you may even find that those bumps begin to lose any meaning. You might even begin to enjoy the process of becoming a better driver as you navigate those bumps, so that they really are just something along the way that happened way back there.

2 comments:

Krissynita said...

I love this post!

So many lessons within...and so many 'journeys' experienced while on my everyday driving routines...so many signs along the way, everyday! I find myself making the sign of the cross, praying to Damballa: 'As Above, So Below, May the Gran Bois Always Flow...' and then to Jesus, 'In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost...' every morning as I merge onto 81 beneath the Exit 16 underpass on my way to work...

Love you my Goddess-Sister-Friend...

K-Tina

Hali Chambers said...

Sweetness,
I always think of that fated car ride at Exit 16 when the laws of physics were angelically defied & we went on our merrie way! Much LOVE to you, my GSF! Tea time soon!!! :-) H.