Friday, February 1, 2008

Appreciation

I can't begin to express how grateful I am to have received such WONDERFUL comments for my artwork yesterday. No one has ever said "astounding" to me before. THANK YOU, Jean! And to be acknowledged for sharing my creative process--I'm always fascinated to read about everyone else's creative experiences. It doesn't matter what the medium is: paper, beads, clay, fabric, etc., I appreciate the energy of creativity that went into the final product. I think it was Julia Cameron who said that part of being created in God's image is that like God, we are creators.

Some of us follow that calling. Growing up in all my geeky-quirkiness, it's always such a JOY to connect to other artists. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been called "weird" or worse throughout her life. I used to want to be "normal." Once you accept yourself for who you are, you define your own normal. And then you discover that your normal is someone else's too. How cool is that? And then weird becomes an acronym:

Wonderful Energetic Intuitive Radiant Delicious

THANK YOU ALL for your kind words of support, encouragement, and inspiration. MUCH LOVE, :-) Hali

No comments: