Thursday, September 11, 2008

Peace

, The above quote is lifted from a more personal vs. global ideal. However, the microcosm reflects the macrocosm. We war with ourselves and each other in our families or we take it into the global village. It seems the world is getting smaller and smaller as travel gets faster and the internet is everywhere. We are so connected--except we are not. Not where it really matters. I was thinking about this yesterday when I was on the phone AGAIN with my internet people because I couldn't get online. I was getting a bit impatient and then I took a breath. I stopped thinking about myself & I thought about this kid on the other end of the phone: doing his job, trying to help me. He has a family. He has people he loves and who love him. In short, he's a fellow human being doing his best, as I believe most of us are.

I would hazard a guess that there will be lots of articles and specials on TV marking today's anniversary. There is no easy answer, but I do know this: when we feel peace within, we carry it into the world.

No comments: