Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grief

I was blog bouncing when I came to this post. I don't know Carol, but I know what it feels like to lose a beloved family pet. So I added my condolences with the others:

Dear Carol,
I bounced to your blog from somewhere else & couldn't leave with out saying how sorry I am for your loss.

Anatole France said:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

I really believe that. My two died within 6 weeks of one another and even the death of family members & friends did not compare to what I felt with Barkley & Remi.

The homeopathic remedy for grief is Ignatia. I ate it like candy and it did help. I won't say any cliches like "it gets better with time" blah blah blah. It gets different.

The depth of your pain is proportionate to how much you love. That's a BIG LOVE. Be gentle with yourself. I wish you peace in your heart as you move through this difficult transition. Hali

As I wrote this, and as I'm finding the Barkley & Remi links on my blog, I'm a bit teary. I am grateful for having had them in my life; and forever in my heart. And then I thought, Oh, dear. If she pops over to my blog from hers, the first thing she's going to see is that "Namaste Asshole" picture. Talk about first impressions. Oh well!

No comments: